Skip to content
- Paid Holidays
- Employees receive nine paid holidays and one floating holiday.
- Employees accrue one week vacation during their first year of employment, two weeks during their second year, two-and-a-half weeks after their fifth year and three weeks after ten years of employment.
- Sick Leave
- Employees accrue eight hours of sick leave per month.
- Health Insurance
- The city provides major medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage. Individual insurance is available at no cost to the employee and the city pays for 85% of the family coverage.
- Life Insurance
- The city provides a $35,000 term life insurance policy with AD&D. Employee can elect additional personal and family insurance.
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary short term disability is offered to employees. The coverage provides 60% of an employee’s average weekly wage up to a maximum of $750 per week for a period of 26 weeks.
- Long Term Disability
- The city provides long term disability for full-time employees who are disabled for six months and are unable to return to work. The benefit provides for 60% of an employee’s salary up to $5,000 per month.
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Employees are eligible to contribute to a 457 deferred compensation plan after successful completion of their six month probation. The City contributes 5% of an employee’s base salary after one year of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program
- EAP provides free confidential counseling services for employees and their family to assist them in handling any personal or work related issues. The program provides up to five visits per year per incident.