Tullahoma is ranked as the #1 “micropolitan” city in the state of Tennessee based on economic strength factors. We are a business-friendly community with regulatory and support mechanisms geared toward nurturing growth of existing business and development opportunities for newcomers. The Tullahoma Area Economic Development Corporation was formed in 2010 to further cultivate business growth. Mechanisms used to bolster our economy include:
- Tullahoma has streamlined its permitting processes, developed new business resource literature, reduced building and inspection fees by 50% and eliminated security alarm fees.
- Retail sign grants are now available to provide matching funds for new commercial signage.
- The City offers low-interest, small business loans funded through a United States Rural Development grant.
- The City maintains a loan fund to provide low-interest loans for larger commercial and industrial endeavors.
- “Dream Tullahoma”, a network of volunteers from the community, local industries and educational facilities, provides a common vision of Tullahoma.
- The “Tullahoma Pride Committee” presents monthly awards to businesses that have renovated or enhanced their facilities and landscaping.
Tax Incremental Funding and other economy-boosting programs are currently under study by TAEDC. Contact C. Thomas Robinson, CEcD, Executive Director TAEDC, for more information about economic development.
Contact the City of Tullahoma Community Coordinator or Tullahoma Area Chamber of Commerce for general business and area information or contact the City of Tullahoma Finance Department for information on available loans and grants.