<< >>


How Do I …

Frequently asked Questions (FAQ)…

… and other important “How to” information

When is City Hall open?
Monday through Friday, from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM except on legal holidays.

Where can I pay my city and county taxes?
You may pay your city taxes at City Hall, 201 West Grundy Street, Monday through Friday from 7:30 – 4:30 PM. County taxes may be paid at the Coffee County Administration Building in Manchester, or if you have your county tax card, at American City Bank or First National Bank in Tullahoma.

Where do I call for Police Assistance?
For non-emergency assistance, call 455-3411; for emergencies dial 911. Police Headquarters can be reached by calling 445-0530 for other inquiries.

When is traffic court and where do I go? Where can I pay my ticket?
Traffic citation court is located at City Hall in the 2nd Floor Board Room. Court is held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at 2:30 PM. You may pay your ticket at City Hall at the Front Desk, or you can pay traffic citations online.

How do I dispose of old prescription drugs?
The Police Department maintains a drug drop-off point for unused or expired prescription drups. Additional information can be found in this PDF document.

How Do I obtain an Accident or Offense Report?
Obtain and complete a Records Request Form at the Front Desk at the Tullahoma Municipal Building, 201 W. Grundy Street, between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, or at the Public Service Officer Desk at the Police Station after hours or on weekends. The Accident or Offense Report should be available for pick-up within seven working days for a nominal fee per page. The report can be mailed if a self-addressed stamped envelope and payment is provided with the request.

Where are the recycling bins and when can I drop off my recycling?
The Recycling Convenience Center is located at 942 Maplewood Avenue. You may drop off cardboard, plastics, aluminum cans, tin cans, textiles, used automotive fluids, used car batteries and mixed paper recyclables.

  • Mon. & Tue.: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
  • Wed. thru Fri.: 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
  • Sat. & Sun.: 8:00 a.m. -12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Regular garbage containers are also located at the site for your convenience.

When is curbside recycling pick-up?
Recyclable items will be collected from your home address on your regularly scheduled garbage collection day.

Do I need a permit for a Burglar Alarm?
Yes, please go to the Police Department Burglar Alarms page for Burglar Alarm information.

When and how do I register to vote?
You may register to vote after residing in Tullahoma thirty days. Register at the Coffee County Registrar’s Office in Manchester, phone 931-723-5103 or at City Hall in Tullahoma.

How do I obtain auto license tags and a Tennessee drivers license?
New residents from out of state must go immediately to the office of the County Court Clerk in Manchester to purchase auto license tag. Initial tags cost $32.00, renewal $23.00 annually. Call 931-723-5106 for more information.A new resident from out of state with a valid driver’s license may obtain a valid Tennessee Driver’s License by taking an eye test and completing an application at the Tennessee Department of Safety Driver’s Testing Station at 307 Industrial Boulevard, Tullahoma. The office is open Tuesday – Friday at 7:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. except on legal holidays. The office opens at 8:00 a.m. and on the second Wednesday of each month. Testing stops at 4:30 p.m. Renewals, new residents, and first time driver’s licenses are usually no more than $26.50. Call 931-461-7850 or go to www.tn.gov for more information.

How do I apply for a job with the City of Tullahoma?
You may apply for an advertised opening through the Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development (Job Service) or by mailing a resume to the City if Tullahoma. Job openings are advertised here on this website, in the Tullahoma news and the Department of Labor and Workforce Development at 111 East Lincoln Street.

Where do I obtain a city business license?
Business license are issued at the front Desk of City Hall Mon – Fri. 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

How do I receive a building permit or request an inspection?
Building, demolition, plumbing, electrical and grading permits may be obtained at the Planning & Codes department at the Tullahoma Annex Building, 321 Collins Street, from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. All inspections should be requested a minimum of 24 hours before needed by calling 931-455-2282.

Where do I obtain zoning information, floodplain information or a 911 address?
Call the Planning Department at 455-2282.

When is garbage collection for my street or business address?
Call Public Works at 454-1768 for information.

Where do I call to adopt a pet or report a stray animal?
Call Animal Control at 454-9580 M-F from 7:30am-4:30pm. After hours or on weekends please leave a message and an officer will return your call. View animals available for adoption here on our website.

Does the City have a mosquito control program?
Yes. Call 455-1121 for more information.

How do I request that my property not be sprayed for mosquitos?
Call Mosquito Control at 455-1121.

Where do I call with a tree-related question?
Call the City Forestry office at 455-1121

Where do I obtain permission to burn leaves on my property?
Call the fire station nearest your residence for permission to burn leaves.

  • Station #1: S. Jackson St., 455-0936
  • Station #2: Ovoca Rd., 455-0268

Where do I report needed street repairs or drainage problems?
E-mail Butch Taylor at btaylor@tullahomatn.gov or call 454-1768. Please leave a contact phone number.