When should I apply for a zoning permit?

You should check with the Planning Department whenever you propose to build or alter a structure, change the nature of the use that is to take place on a given property (e.g., residential use to commercial use, or one kind of business activity to another), hold a temporary event, or anything else that could have some impact upon other properties.

To find out if you need to apply for a zoning permit, call the Building Codes Division at 931-455-2282.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find out if my property is located in unincorporated Coffee County, Franklin County, or Tullahoma? Why is that important?
2. How is my property zoned?
3. When should I apply for a zoning permit?
4. How can I found out the rules for developing or making use of my property?
5. How do I know if my proposal complies with the zoning ordinance?
6. What is a Comprehensive Land Use Plan, and what is it used for?
7. Can you explain the terms "grandfathering" and "non-conforming", as well as how they apply?