The Fire Department monitors atmospheric conditions and determines on a daily basis whether leaf burning in the city limits is permissible.
If you see a form below, burning is allowed for the day and you may fill out the form to obtain a burn permit. If you do NOT see a form below, burning is not allowed for the day.
For complaints about illegal burning, call 931-455-0936, or if no answer call Officer in Charge at 931-434-5097. Please remember, if no one answers the crew on duty is most likely on a call. Please leave a message.
BY FILLING OUT THE FORM BELOW YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
1. YOU MAY ONLY BURN NATURAL, NON-MAN MADE PRODUCTS.
2. YOU MAY NOT BURN MORE THAN 3 CUBIC YARDS AT A TIME WITHOUT PRIOR INSPECTION AND APPROVAL FROM FIRE DEPARTMENT PERSONNEL
(FOR LARGE PILES PLEASE CALL 931-455-0936 TO SCHEDULE AN INSPECTION)
3. YOU MUST HAVE A WATER SOURCE CLOSE BY
4. YOU MUST STAY WITH THE FIRE WHILE IT IS BURNING
5. YOUR FIRE MUST BE COMPLETELY EXTINGUISHED BY 4:00 PM
6. YOU MAY NOT BEGIN BURNING UNTIL 9:00 AM