FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 8, 2020
Winston Brooks, Public Information Officer, 455-2648
The City of Tullahoma Re-Opens Some Lobbies on Monday, May 11, 2020 and City Court Resumes Tuesday, May 12, 2020.
The City of Tullahoma is pleased to announce the opening of lobbies at City Hall, the Police Department and both Fire Hall One and Two on Monday, May 11, 2020. City Court to resume operations Tuesday, May 12, 2020.
All citizens will be asked to wear face coverings and maintain social distancing inside the buildings. During Court sessions, staff will be taking temperatures, and anyone with a reading greater than 100 degrees will not be allowed to enter and court dates will be rescheduled. If you have a cough and fever, we ask that you stay home.
Citizens may join in watching the next City Board meeting scheduled for Monday, May 11, at 5:30 p.m. The Tullahoma Board of Mayor and Aldermen meeting will be broadcast live using Facebook Live, as well as broadcasting to Charter Ch. 193 and Lighttube Ch. 6. The meeting agenda is available on the City website. Public comments for the Board may be submitted to email@example.com or call City Hall at 931-455-2648, any comments received prior to close of business on Monday will be read into the record during the meeting.
To protect Tullahoma’s vulnerable populations, citizens are encouraged to consider call in or e-mail for assistance before visiting public facilities. Often, transactions can be completed by phone and/or e-mail.
Individuals can assist us in practicing everyday prevention measures, in compliance with the CDC recommendations for minimizing possible exposure to COVID-19:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home while you are sick and avoid close contact with others.
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean commonly touched surfaces regularly.
- Select a room in your house to utilize if you must self-quarantine and identify someone who can bring you supplies to avoid having to make trips.
- Stay informed on the latest updates.
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Tennessee, please visit: www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html